Health Physics Technician på Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL)
Anställningstyp: Arbete utomlands
Lönetyp: Fast månads- vecko- eller timlön
Beskrivning av jobbet
The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), situated in Grenoble, France, is Europe's leading research facility for scientific research using neutrons. Every year, we host over 2000 visits by scientists, who come to the Institute to carry out world-class research.
Are you interested in taking up a new challenge in our international institute?
We currently have a vacancy for a:
Health Physics Technician
The principal duty of the ILL health physics technicians within the Health Physics, Safety, and Environment Service is to assist in the provision of radiation protection for staff working on ILL's High-Flux Reactor installations and experimental instruments. They participate therefore in the following:
- Preparing and monitoring operations involving the risk of irradiation and contamination,
- Taking radiological measurements in the installations, performing counts and analyses in the laboratory, and interpreting the results,
- Periodically testing the proper functioning of the health physics instruments,
- Drafting reports, technical notes and instructions,
- Basic repairs to the fixed or mobile health physics instruments,
- Assisting in the provision of mandatory health physics training.
As regards laboratory measurements, it should be noted that the "effluents" laboratory in which the health physics technicians perform the measurements operates in accordance with ISO 17025 standards.
Following a period of training, you may be required to perform stand-by safety duties and therefore to work outside the Institute's normal working hours.
Qualifications and experience:
- Health physics technician level 4 qualification (NVQ, BTEC HND or equivalent),
- Professional experience in a radioactive environment (5 years),
- Experience in a radioactivity measurements laboratory and in the use of the NF EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard would be appreciated,
- The ability to work both alone and in a team, with a sense of initiative and a methodical approach.
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. You must have a sound knowledge of English and be willing to learn French (a language course will be paid for by the ILL). Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
This post is a permanent position.
Medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required.
This positon involves performing an emergency response role in the event of a major crisis.
Post based in Grenoble and subject to administrative screening.
Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered (for more information, please consult our employment conditions, https://www.ill.eu/careers/working-at-the-ill/employment-conditions ).
How to apply:
Please submit your application online, no later than 11.07.2021, via our website:
www.ill.eu/careers (vacancy reference: 21/26).
We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity; we therefore encourage anyone with relevant qualifications to apply.
Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL)
Arbetslivserfarenhet: Relevant erfarenhet för tjänst som Strålningsfysiker efterfrågas
Önskvärda färdigheter: Sjukhusfysikerexamen
Önskvärda språkkunskaper: Franska, Tyska
Ansök senast: 2021-07-11